SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Beautiful Andromeda

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, due to light pollution, then for most of us in the UK it is invisible naked-eye so 'bothering' to look means travelling to a dark site with the intention of viewing it (which means you already need to know it is there to make it worth the trip). Today's generation of kids don't even know they are missing something worth looking at...

ChrisH

Agreed, but sadly part of that is because yesterdays kids have done such a fine job of mucking up the lovely skies.--Jack

M31 is one of the few objects i take for granted as it has always been a naked eye object from my back garden for 30 yrs. To be honest its an object that i rarely if ever observe with a scope or even my 20x90 bins. Its just a bit underwhelming and is not much more then a grey faint cigar shape. I'm sure it is stunning from a dark sky location and a nice big Dob. 

Archived