Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wanted for SW3

lennylovit

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

We have not put anything together formally. We were unsure of the situation with a large Barbie until now.

There was talk of a bbq on the main day Saturday, when everyone will be there. Each chipping in for food, we could, I suppose either discuss it here or one day in the week of the event. Once decided a couple of us could make a trip into Brecon's Morissons for the goodies. Ideas.

We have not put anything together formally. We were unsure of the situation with a large Barbie until now.

There was talk of a bbq on the main day Saturday, when everyone will be there. Each chipping in for food, we could, I suppose either discuss it here or one day in the week of the event. Once decided a couple of us could make a trip into Brecon's Morissons for the goodies. Ideas.

better posting in swsp thread me thinks 

If everyone wants the traditional bbq with the usual burger/bap sausage/roll chicken drum stick etc. A few tubs of coleslaw and salad, there shouldn't be any problems.

We could chuck in a fiver a piece to cover bbq fuel and food and see where that gets us.

If this is what people want, or variations,  it could be posted on SW3 for numbers.

Keep it simple and get the goodies on the day. No good having 100 sausages in your ruck sack and it rains all day.we might want to pick up some charcoal if you see it about .it might be pretty thin on the ground at this time of year

Keep it simple and get the goodies on the day. No good having 100 sausages in your ruck sack and it rains all day.we might want to pick up some charcoal if you see it about .it might be pretty thin on the ground at this time of year

Agreed. People will be arriving throughout the week, so keeping food is going to be problematic.

There are facilities to keep frozen food in the shower block area, but I'm not sure how big that is. If you have something special like a 32oz Rib Eye you want kept for the occasion, then that's the place for it.

Easiest way, is if everyone is responsible to bring their own for the BBQ, and chip in for the charcoal.

No need to set up a comittee, no logistics, no hassels or headaches, and no waste to deal with.

Edit: " Simples ", as the Meerkats would say.   :smiley:

Archived