Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan 'Named Star' option

Owmuchonomy

Now then. I've had, and used my Synscan Goto software (EQ) quite happily for years. It is also up to date. However, the object list> named star routine never has and still doesn't work. I can pick any star on the list and the software jumps back to the first named star on the list. It's not a big deal but more of a niggle. Anybody else had this or know the remedy? Firmware is up to date v3.35. Other options such as Object list> Double or Variable star work fine.

Have you tried to do a fresh install of the firmware?

Do any of the buttons accidentally get stuck down?

If neither of these help, have you opened the handset and cleaned out any dust etc?

James

Yes I have.

Same buttons on other routines work fine.

When you finish the 2 or 3 star align, do a 1 star align and then the handset works properly.........you can test this in daylight....:)

Well I never.... And I thought I knew all the Synscan Dark Arts. Better get back to Hogwarts!

No, I had the same issue with my AZ-EQ6.

After Polar alignment, 2 x ESC when writing Alignment successful and even after an Polaralign, I could still select "Named Star" and it didn't jump back to the fist star.

CS

Tom

Archived