Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Let's see your 1st DSOs

MartinB

Here's my first attempt at M42 though my AZ Synscan mounted Skymax 127 Maksutov.

30sec at 1600ISO using 1.25" T-adaptor direct into the back of the Mak.

Used Preview on my Mac to sharpen a little and improve saturation.

post-23802-133877529103_thumb.jpg

Edited by Piers127

My first deep sky photo, Orion Nebula, through an old canon 500mm f4.5 with 40d 2 mins at iso400 Jan 2011. I was so shocked that i had something when i looked at the display - magic!

That look pretty good to me.

Edited by mrmoo

Looks like lots of us were taking advantage of some clear skies to shoot M42 last night. Here's my first DSO. Nikon D40 prime focus on my C6-NGT, 30 sec exposure at 800 ISO. No image processing, just cropped a bit.

post-24484-133877531805_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
i like the m31, however you cropped out m32. :)

No cropping was done to the images Tadakun. This is the full image that came out. A bit of processing was done in DSS to get the final images. A reducer is needed for the 200 methinks:).

No cropping was done to the images Tadakun. This is the full image that came out. A bit of processing was done in DSS to get the final images. A reducer is needed for the 200 methinks:).

a darn haha I like the little companions of Andromeda:p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've been lurking this forum on and off for about 6 years and have been into astronomy since I can remember. I finally bought a Cannon 1000D last month and attached it to my Skywatcher 127 az mount and got this image last night, I think its was about 5 30s subs? thats what there called, subs? I tried to processes it in photoshop using this guide below, but I probably made it worse :)

Astronomy Shed UK Astronomy Forum • View topic - Superb Processing Tutorial

post-25020-133877540437_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andromedoh
  • Like 1

Come on all is there no new peeps that have done any ????

Just had a quick look and i have a couple of attempts at m42 but none finished yet between work and learning / reading as much as i can i aint finished either yet to any thing i'm happy with yet " i'm my own worst critic of my work and i need to happy with it "

Dan

m42 is a popular target, their are some stunning images on this thread, well here is my attempt, taken last year, just a bit of dabbling with it, dont underestand all the prossesing stuff, but il get into it properly yet

post-22144-133877546508_thumb.jpg

Right heres mu first attempt i processsed it today after been stacked a couple of wks ago lol not sure of the make up of stack but i think it was something like 60 ish x 20s subs and prob 40 x darks

m422.jpg

Edited by carpman

my only picture so far, taken with a 400D canon DSLR and a 300mm lense i dont yet have a scope so i put the camera on a static tripod and went for it

Can you tell what it is yet ???? :)

post-25369-133877547001_thumb.jpg