Banner.jpg.b6007b69ccdf5c69bf18273ddfe023df.jpg

Let's see your 1st DSOs

MartinB

• 2 weeks later...

I had no real idea what I was doing when processing this, my first DSO and I still have no real idea but if I managed to get this far I did something! I kept notes so can play with it again, and will.

Flame.jpg.a4935b48b0f1eced91fe4bb190122c0f.jpg

Canon EOS 800D 

Sharpstar EDPHII with 0.8 reducer/flattner

Star Adventurer mount

260 x 25 sec exposures . . . 

. . . and some luck. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

These were my two first efforts. Can't remember what scope I used but seem to think it was an 80mm spotting scope and a ZWO 224MC, both unguided on the AZ GTi converted to EQ mode.

Neither have any calibration subs added as I didn't know what they were at that point. 

M31 1319268595_andromeda15mindataexpdetailsunknown16.3_21.thumb.jpg.d8e0be2be086ba9c440cfd05c9180fe4.jpg

M571689147695_Ring160x2.jpg.c5ebef9b34fff2d78806a6db17a0657f.jpg

Thanks for looking

Steve

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, DougM43 said:

That’s a cracking M57, bet you were well chuffed with that.

Yeah I was quite proud of it as I remember but sadly I didn't6 keep the original files, just the final jpeg. 

I had one of those PC clearouts and it was a case of "will I need it again?" type moments 🙄

• Like 1

M101 was my first and still my fav, ( maybe because it was my first ) 🤔

I was just about to give up deep sky malarky after spending so much money on kit and learning how to actually capture these images.

Then I got this baby, one shot 30 sec expo from a light polluted back yard, that was it, was back down the rabbit hole.

IMG_6468.JPG

• Like 1

On 09/05/2022 at 17:03, mareman48 said:

M101 was my first and still my fav, ( maybe because it was my first ) 🤔

I was just about to give up deep sky malarky after spending so much money on kit and learning how to actually capture these images.

Then I got this baby, one shot 30 sec expo from a light polluted back yard, that was it, was back down the rabbit hole.

IMG_6468.JPG

that is about what I saw visually at a really dark site, probably a little less detail as the swirls were really only hints rather than definite. Good capture for 30 seconds. 

• 3 weeks later...