Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

MartinB

Let's see your 1st DSOs

This is my first DSO.  Single image M51 taken 20/7/20.  Evostar 120 and a Canon 600d.  I managed to get about 10 images but it was still early and with a streetlight less than 10m away there was loads of light polution.  Unfortunately I have been clouded in for over 2 months now so not able to do anything at all and now M51 is behind my house so this target will have to wait.  I most definitely have 'all the gear and no idea' now as managed to pickup an Evostar ED80, Evoguide 50, Altair 183c and IMX224 to go with my HEQ5 that the wife bought me for my birthday.  Just waiting for the clouds to clear (if ever) and I'll be plaguing you guys with questions as I try to work out how to use it, lol 

IMG_4900.JPG

My first DSO, M31 photographed last night when if finally was clear skies for a long time. Captured with a Canon 7D and a Samyang 135mm F2. Using a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer Pro. 40x  1 minute exposures with ISO 1000 at F/2.8, stacked in DSS and then processed in Photoshop and StarNet++.

Andromeda.jpg

• Like 4

The ubiquitous M13, first go at imaging. Using WO GT71 with ZWO ASI 385MC with assistance from ASIAIR pro. 30 x 60 second subs and no darks. No post processing.

7553F26F-6C75-4DFC-8339-8DAD3C50BA37.jpeg

• Like 1