NGC1977 first attempt

Roy Batty

Wasn't intending to do any imaging but the clouds parted so I took the opportunity to get some subs on this - DSS took only five of the stack so this is 5 mins worth.

Anyway I now know that the upgrade to my SynScan firmware took ok (v3.21 now) - it seems more accurate slewing to alignment stars now.

cheers

RB

4133_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice running man Roy....Nice effects and detail......

Good to hear you got clear skies....Wall to wall cloud here at the moment, and its supposed to be clear right now.......

Steppenwolf......Isnt he running to meet up with the 7 sisters? or escape from them, can never tell which way he is supposed to be running so who knows,lol....

Cheers

Mark

Thanks guys for the comments :D

Ron: The colouring is not intentional in my processing - I think its a combination of scope, camera, sub-length and DSS.

I hope to add some more subs to this to get some more detail from the dark brown bits in between M42 and the Runner. Quite frankly I was surprised at the amount of detail that's come out from just five mins, but I guess that comes from having a nice fast newt.

cheers

RB

Archived