SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Veil widefield processed using Cannistra technique

Martin-Devon

This is the first time I've tried the Steve Cannistra bicolour processing method. It gives more control of the colour variations that are possible and arguably the fainter nebulosity seems to come out easier without pushing the Curves.

This image is a 4 panel mosaic taken over many nights during July and August. The data consists of 123 x 10 minute exposures across H-alpha and OIII, so 20.5 hours of data in total. 

Thanks for looking,

Martin

14984717741_8e9d910457_b.jpg

Excellent detail Martin, especially with Pickering's Triangle.  A lot of faint wisps revealed too.  I can see there is a lot of hard work invested in the image and it's evident in the result - great stuff.

This is a fine point and maybe it's my monitor, but is the background a little too black, could you lift it a tad more to help soften the contrast?

Barry

Thanks for comments from everybody.

I looked again at the jpeg that I uploaded into Flickr and to my horror saw that version 3 that I submitted has the black-point slightly clipped. I'd taken the earlier version 2, which has the correct black point, and at the last minute done a soft-light blend 20% to darken slightly to generate version 3, but stupidly did not recheck the black-point. Thanks to the folks that pointed this out.

I've reloaded version 2 with the correct black point into Flickr now, so all should be well again. Pretty annoyed with myself though on this one, having spent hours processing it, to then make such a basic silly mistake at the end is inexcusable! 

Martin 

Archived