SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New here,hello

JPS

Hi. I just joined this site after searching the web for forums re astronomy. I remembered I'd visited here around 6 years ago when looking for info re telescopes when my wife dropped HUGE hints that a scope would be a welcome Xmas present- so with the info from here, and a couple of visits to astronomy initiation groups and talking to a few retailers, I went ahead and got here a Skywatcher MAK 127 with a GoTo mount.

I'm an early retired male living in SouthWest France. I'm not actually the one particularly interested in astronomy per se - though as a former Merchant Navy Navigator from before the days of GPS I've a pretty good knowledge of the heavens - it's my Other Half, but I get the job of sorting out her scope etc etc..............

So, I decided I'd better join this site (a) so I know what to do (B) so I can learn from others' experience & knowledge and © I may as well get into the subject too - it seems a shame not to do so as we have dark and (mostly) clear skies in our relatively rural location - without streetlights!

We've a problem with the scope- but I'll post my Qs elsewhere....

Thanks.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived