SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My First Ever DSO!!

rickstanners

Just thought I would post this from last night. M42 yet again it seems!

Unfortunately, just after I started, a lovely thin layer of cloud rolled in an turned everything orange (thanks to Bristol!), so I only managed to get 18x30s exposures in, of which DSS used only 5. But I am still bowled over by it!

I have done no editing whatsoever so any suggestions would be welcomed with open arms (I wouldn't have a clue where to start!).

All of the small amount of knowledge I have on the subject of imaging has been through trawling SGL so thanks so much everyone.

Richard

Equipment:

Canon EOS 400D through Celestron Nexstar 8SE

4106_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'm going to start a first DSO thread Richard. You will then be able to see that as first DSO's go that is an absolute stunner. Perfect focus, tight stars and you had a go at giving it some exposure time. It's a good image by any standard

You should be well pleased. :hello1: :hello1:

That my friend for a first ever dso image must surely rank amongst the best ever done ones is this really your first attempt or is it the first we have been allowed to see I say this because I feel you were either extremely lucky to get it so spot on! Or that you are going to be a very gifted imager which only come about every whatevers times Or that it a mix of both the three of them :insects1:

Very Well done mate its got to be a Potw contender as this level from a complete newb would warrent it

Well pleased for you can't wait for the next ones :D :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Thanks so much everyone. I am really thrilled with it!

Radioactive...yes, this was my first ever DSO picture. I have taken a couple of the moon and Saturn through eyepieces with my digi compact but that's all so far (only got the 400D last week and have been itching to try it out! :D )

Archived