Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Latest images from A.S.I.G.N

ASIGN_Baz

Well, I have been busy with new programs and equipment from a new ToUCam, to ASCOM and PHD. It's a lot to get right and a fair bit of messing around, not actually taking photo's.

Having done all this, I managed a few practice shots to get it all up and running and test it.

May I present my humble captures...

Baz.

2n64uxk.jpg

28ssyf8.jpg

2vtnrkk.jpg

slmzj6.jpg

1zgyfxe.jpg

For a look at all of my images, check out astro images page on the A.S.I.G.N Observatory website.

Hello there,

First off good images, you have plenty of stars, colour and nebulosity.

But could I make a few pointers......

I notice you have used a Canon 400D, I assume that this camera can expose for as long as you want on bulb. Therefore I would try exposing (especially with M42) for a little longer than 1 minute. I see you have stacked 12 x 1 from an ISO of 400. I personally would bump the exposure upto say 2/3 minutes (just to collect a little more detail). This way when you stack them the detail comes through and you get more 'depth' to the image.

Also try tweaking your focus a little, play around with it and see if you can get a slightly sharper image.

Good stuff though :D

Archived