New Scope!

Well, that's my visual observing sorted :-). Just won an eBay bid on a 12" revelation Dobsonian...for £210. Seems like a good price to me?

Still plan to buy a scope on an Eq mount for astrophotography (current plan is for a 200p OTA on a mount with computer control), but for now I'm over the moon at getting a load of aperture for little money - £18/inch is pretty darned good!

It's down in Southampton so will have to drive down to collect, but it's much closer than most of the other things I have enquired about or bid upon!

*happy*

-simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great choice and price! I drove to Southampton once to collect a scope from Manchester. the petrol cost me nearly half the price of the scope but it was worth it as it was a bargain at £112 and a rather rare 6" f11 dobsonian which I still have a few years later and won't part with it.

Well done! I'd been watching the same scope but in the end getting down to Southampton to pick it up in the near future just wasn't going to happen. It looks like a good deal to me. Enjoy it, and clear skies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived