SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ5 Drive

lunator

Thanks guys

I'm sure it will be OK.

I have also finished making my micrometer I am just waiting for the crosshair accessory to arrive from sherwoods to complete. It is 100% Heath Robinson but the total cost so far is £5.52.

Cheers

Ian

Gaz, if you got on okay with fitting EQ5 drives, then the EQ6 upgrade won't cause any problems. It's even easier! :lol:

Ian, enjoy the drives, they are a god send and you'll wonder how you coped without them.

Russ

Will take you about 10 mins max mate :lol:

Tom was right on the money.

It took 10 minutes to fit.

I used them last night and even though my polar alignment was only rough it made watching the double stars much easier. :lol:

My only disappointment was the fact it clouded over before I could get a good look at Saturn.

Cheers

Ian

I have to say when I upgraded from my 114, I knew I wanted a driven mount. It does make so much difference. Watching the Saturn occultation the other night would have been impossible without it!

Nice job Ian

Thanks Ian.

I quote you - I spent more time at the eyepiece and less fiddling with the slo-mo controls.

That is one of reasons that I buy HEQ-5 PRO Go-to mount. I want to observe more and of course I want stable mount. Also I don't want to sell EQ-5 far beyond price. So I'm interesting in this upgrade for EQ-5 such as motors and steel legs or maybe I make wooden leg for mount. Better is if I spend a little money and use EQ5- mount with ED80 when I buy in the far future bigger scope.

Saso

Archived