Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bob's Knobs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what the Bob's Knobs cost but if you know the size compare them to this option.......

http://www.a2a4.com/acatalog/KNURLED_THUMB_SCREWS_HIGH_A_2-1.html

I bought one set from Bob and the other from RVO. The set I picked up from RVO yesterday were £20.95. From memory the set I bought from Bob were around £15 but the postage was around £8.

I read somewhere that one of the benefits of using BK's is that the end of the screw is rounded to ensure a smooth contact with the glass on the back of the secondary. I can't say I looked so have no idea if this is true.

The ones linked to above look very similar apart from the fact they look about half the length of the ones I put in yesterday. The technical data on the site doesn't specify the length. If anyone wants to give these ones a try I would be happy to remove one of the BK's from each of my scopes and post the measurements here so that you know what you need to buy.

If you look at the thread sizes they go in length from 5mm to 25mm in steps i use some on a SCT Secondary spaced out with stainless washers rather than cut them down, worked very well, also have them on the Newt and Dob secondary's, where evry they come from they work and well worth getting.....

SCT Secondary

DSC_0113.jpg

Newt Secondary

DSC_9453.jpg

Archived