skyliner 200 pain in neck

algol

Had the skyliner out for a first light tonight unfortunately illness has cut short my night. One thing to note though, having not yet reattached my telrad rdf I was using just the straight through finder for guidance, wow that thing hurts to use near zenith, I think a ra finder may be on my xmas wish list.

Did manage alberioe which I still can't spell, and the ring which looked lovely, nicer than I've seen it before and it had a blue tinge to it, confirmed by my Mrs who is the resident fuzzy expert owing to her much better eyesight.

One other point I had been out for around an hour and a half and dew was starting to develop, so maybe a dew shield is also needed sooner rather than later.

Anyway it was nice and it once again was head and shoulders in front of my old scope

Clear skies

Steve

Edit: this was supposed to go in the observing reports forum, sorry, Steve.

you should try put the base on a stable round small table so it brings the eyepiece up to a comfortable height. id stick with a telrad and some decent charts and a pocket sky atlas :)

.... And an RA finder.

Straight through is easier to aim. RA harder to aim but far far better for star hopping.

A lot of people use water but stands from the local garden center to raise the eyepiece / finder.

Paul

Archived