Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

turn left at Orion.

algol

It's been one of the best investments I have ever bought it has helped me learn the skies which can only be a good thing when starting out I'm by no means an expert but I like to find stuff that the book suggest's I'm currently sat here reading the July-September secetion as I type this, because I was hoping to get out with the scope tonight as I have been slacking for a few months (6) because I haven't been all to well on the mend now all is well so itching to get back out there.

I think this is the best book out there at the moment but that's my personal opinion, everyone is different but it's recommened highly on this forum. :)

It's a very popular and much loved book, anyone starting off on

this wonderful obsession needs this book, it helps you understand

what you will see and how to find it, then you won't be disappointed 

that it doesn't look like the photo's you see in books and magazines. 

It's a firm favourite . Many say it should be supplied with new scopes . I found it a great aid .

Particularly good for the novice as you get realistic drawings of what objects should appear like at the eyepiece .

I am having the same problem with reading forums you can get. What book are you talking about? I cant scroll to the original thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Nobby2, yes, the book is called "turn left at Orion". It's mainly for Northern Hemisphere although there is a southern section and many objects are viewable from both spheres. nice place is the central coast...I've an uncle in wyong and spent many christmas hols at long jetty and the entrance

Absolutely, the drawings are great -- helped me identify m13 as my first DSO. I do think the wider sketches are difficult to use at first, since they don't actually show you the angle of what you see in the sky from your own point of view, but I guess that's because the point of view changes depending on where you are and the time of night :-). Once you work that out and look at the points of the compass on the drawings it makes more sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived