Getting No Response 16 on Nexstar 102 SLT

hi wiki, 

i have a celestron 127. i got the same message last week. my batteries were out of juice. 

i put in fresh batteries and all was good. 

Batteries are brand new, although they are only Energizers. Will they need to be Duracell to properly power the motor? 

The energisers should be OK, I only asked as rechargeables are 1.2 volt so 8 of them makeks 9.6 volt not 12 volt as required. Fairly common mistake.

As it sounds new then I suspect that it will have to be returned, the Celestron site says power but also says connection to boards. If you have a faulty board then there is nothing you can do.

Ring the retailer first and talk to them but it sounds as if the problem is internal.

Hey - here's my last update.

FLO sent a replacement handset and mount on Monday which arrived today. Everything now works perfectly! Really cannot speak highly enough of FLO right now, their customer service is brilliant. Thanks for all your help in this topic, going to have take advantage of the clear skies tonight.

Archived