Narrowband

Audiostar Firmware

Guy Wells

Well 497EP is the handset and I guess A1F7 is the firmware, from what I can see A3S4 may be a later version.

Meade4M

Cannot find anything specific concerning a good definition of the specific latest Firmware or Updater to use.

May be the number above or not and you may or may not need Updater 6.0.

OK looks as if you need Updater 6.0:

Important note about #497 Autostars. The classic #497, and the newer #497EP, utilize different firmware that is not interchangeable. However, the #497EP Autostar is backward compatible with prior generation telescope that used AutoStar technology. If you have an older version of the #497, it will continue to work with your existing telescope. AutoStar Updater 5.9 or greater can detect either version and load the appropriate firmware.

Meade Support

Looked through whatever I can and I guess like you I cannot see anything that is as simple as "New Firmware".

Actually I can see no firmware at all to obtain and push through an update program. Although reading what there is on the Meade siite you may have to get the Update Programm and then let that go find the firmware. It all looks a bit messy.

The Meade site reads as if you connect scope to PC, start whatever Update program, which MIGHT then go get the relevant firmware and install it.

I notice that the Weasner site that I thought had gone to sleep has an entry for last year concerning this. I thought Weasner had gone into dormancy concerning Meade a few years back.

Going to suggest you amble over the Cloudy Nights and look through the Meade specific section and see if there is more information there.

Archived