Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 11

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Just to let you know that Mike and myself will be arriving Wednesday afternoon to get established before the rest of the party get there.

If you now would like to arrive Wednesday just let us know.

Tom, are you going anywhere nice?

I have my passport packed just in case I stumble after a tasting across the border by mistake......

See you all there.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi everyone

Sandra and I will not be able to make this party.

I have too much prep to do for Kelling next week.

I may pop in as I will be going to Glasgow later this week to visit a brother in hospital.

In the meantime I will continue with the 45 EQMOD youtube videos. ( I am at No 7)

See you at Galloway.

Andy

The weather forecast is set good for you guys tomorrow night. Wish I was down there with you, but will see many of you at Galloway or Kielder.  Feeling relieved but quietly pleased with the referendum result, so will celebrate with a wee glass of wine or two. To those of my friends that were of a different political view to me, I sympathise with your unhappiness and hope that the animosity I have witnessed  (not from you) in  Scotland can heal and we can all move forward in a positive manner.

Anne and I will be in Windermere next week, so I will take down a wee 'scope and the camera  : )

Clear skies

Tom

Thank's Nina for hosting anonther CSP, the 11th i believe.I was only able to attend for one night but boy what a night it was,lovely sunset turned to passing cloud, but the die hard regulars never gave up.We  enjoyed glourious skies from 1 am right through till a wainning moon rise at nearly 5am.The milklyway was on show,sporadic meteors if you you were lucky enough to be looking in the the right direction,little Jessica saw nine i believe. Enough food to feed a small army and the odd dram or too.

Thanks again to everyone who makes this an intimate but amazing experience under dark skies.

Well worth the 260 mile round trip.

Goodluck & clear skies.

Regards.

Kenny.

Hi folks,

Sorry I never got a chance to reply sooner, if we had been driving we would definitely have stopped by on the way but as we were flying it wasn't possible. Glad to hear CSP11 went well, the skies really are amazing down there when it's clear!! 

We had a brilliant time at the conference and even managed to enjoy a wee dram or two with the Astronomer Royal for Scotland, as well have many other highlights which I will tell all those going to Galloway all about.  :smiley:

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for another fun weekend folks. It was great to meet up with everyone again and the fantastic clear skies on Saturday night was like the cherry on the cake.

We hope to see you all again soon and enjoy Galloway for those who are going. We won't be there (due to other plans), but I'm sure you will all have a good time.

clear skies

Tony

I am so pleased you all had a great time.  The sky did do well for us.  I am relieved as the last few skies have not played ball.    

I hope you all got home safe and sound.  Adrian bless him had a not so good journey.  I hope you are feeling ok after all those roadworks Adrian. 

Mike Thanks for all your help.  You had gone by the time I finished work, I will ring you through the week.  Take it easy over the next few days.

Thanks for a great star party folks, Hopefully see you all at Galloway.

Hi Nina,

I enjoyed the party, shame weather on the first three days was suspect but Saturday was fine.

The visit on Thursday night to the observatory in Carlisle was very interesting, so a thank you to the two Davids is in order, shame they were unable to join us on Saturday night for dinner and viewing.

The steak pie on Wednesday evening was great, the soup and toasties on Thursday night was novel, chilli on Friday night was filling, I managed only 3 dishes of Saturday's chicken curry was beautiful, well done to Zoe and Tony.

A big thanks to Mike and Dave for doing the annual maintenance on my scope and the efforts in flocking the whole 1.6 metres of the tube!

Well, the journey home on Sunday took nearly 7 hours owing to the number of 50mph sections of motorway roadworks, between Greta Green and Watford. I saw very little actual work...... so the only conclusion is that there is a general election in the offing........

The good news is the tent was bone dry so no need to dry it in the garden...

Everything is packed away and ready for the Galloway outing.

Thanks is due to Dave and Dennis for their assistance using the NEQ6 I learnt a lot.

Nina's bacon rolls are worth getting up for.

The whiskey tasting was great fun.

I may looking forward to Cumbria 12.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi folk,here's a single 4 minute image of M31 taken early Sunday morning,I have nearly an hour's worth of data on this but not got round to work on it yet.Will post results when i do.

Dave, any news on your treasure!

Regards

Kenny 

Hi Dave,

Great coinage.....

Must check your wallet out at Galloway.

I found the Friday night discussion very entertaining never before had I associated trees and [removed word] with maths!

I have shown my daughter and wife the way you do maths, the result was sore lungs...

The whiskey tasting was great, I cannot remember much of it, but I at least was up early for Nina's filling bacon sandwiches.

Cheers

Adrian

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 23:13, Demon Barber said:

No worries,we are hoping to resume normal service next year,to much going on, on the farm,probably May bank holiday----watch this space!

Regards

Mike

Any update on the Cumbria starparty for 2016 please?

It would be great if it was to go ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived