Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First moon using AS!2

Once you're done with the image in AS!2, load it into Registax and on the wavelets screen choose the "RGB Align" option from the right hand side.  Let it do the job automatically.  That should reduce the red and blue fringing you have on that image of Saturn.

James

Thanks James, do I just click RGB Allign then 'Estimate??'

That's the one :)  You can adjust it afterwards if you think you can do better, but life is easier if you get it to have a go first.

James

Nice one james thanks :)

Still um'ing and Ah'ing over a web cam. I think manual tracking with a dob would be a nightmare, I could imagine getting Saturn on the sensor for a split second would be hard enough. I bet it would drift through the frame in well under a second.

Nice one james thanks :)

Still um'ing and Ah'ing over a web cam. I think manual tracking with a dob would be a nightmare, I could imagine getting Saturn on the sensor for a split second would be hard enough. I bet it would drift through the frame in well under a second.

I agree, it's far from easy.  If you're any good at DIY you could consider making a "wedge" to sit the dob on.  That way you'd only have to move it on one axis, which might make it easier.

In fact, some enterprising individuals have even made their own motorised wedges, so they track properly once you've found the target.

Expensive things to buy if you want one off the shelf, but well within the capabilities of a competent bodger...

James

Many thanks guys! As for Saturn, could I expect any better from a dob and Dslr?? This was from around 15 seconds of footage, I let it drift through the viewfinder, went to move the scope and lost it! Then the clouds came in.. Typical

Archived