Not another noob!!!

Roy Challen

Hello SGL,

I am not new to Astronomy- I'm new to astronomy forums! Been into stargazing for ages, but only recently started buying decent astro gear. Said gear currently stands at SW EQ3-2, Altair Astro ED 70, eyepieces from Maxvision :smiley: , Vixen NLV :smiley: , Baader GO :smiley: , BST Explorer, TMB clone and the usual cheapies that come with scopes., Canon 60D etc etc. Haven't finished buying stuff, and judging by the forums, I never will be! :grin:

Hope to get some good advice on here, and in time be able to give some good advice.

Thanks for reading

Roy

That's a nice little setup.

Bet you will see more with that then with a 14" scope, you will simply take it out and use it more.

I have 2 70mm scopes the one diffierent thing I did was get just BST's (5,8,25) for use with it.

Saves a bit of time refocusing as they are reasonably parfocal.

Best advice I will offer is keep the 70mm, you will use it so much more then ones that are bigger.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Thanks for the response everyone! Glowjet, I am spending my money perfectly well on my own :grin:  I ditched the BST- unlike everyone else I just didn't get on with it , it had really bad edge performance in my scope maybe it was a dud, but it had to go. In comparison the TMB clone is unbelievable! I kid you not I would rather sell the BGO than the TMB :shocked: That's not to say the BGO isn't any good, but that the TMB is optically the equal of it and it has better eye relief and wider FoV.

It seems that all this purchasing has incurred a years worth of free clouds. Sorry. :grin:

Roy

Archived