Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade...

andrew63

I see that a lot of Meade stuff  is disappearing fast. I'm sure i saw somewhere that there is no longer a UK dealer ?  It looks like the plant in Mexico is closing and  moving to the Far East.  Anyone seen this ?

andrew

Hmmm, Telescope House have been the UK Meade importer for years, just had a look and indeed, lots of gaps in the availability.

I'll have a butchers on Cloudy Nights forum, see if there's any news there.

Regards, Ed.

Edit - found this http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/374704-is-meade-going-to-be-in-business-much-longer/#entry4810610 but no idea how much we can read into Meade's situation, so please look with the normal "internet caution".

That CN post appears to be from 2012.

As they are now owned by Sunny Optics it would make sense for them to move production to China somewhere.

Really do have the idea that had the ES (JoC) purchase gone through then there would be a better Meade future. The Meade scopes would seem to have slotted into the ES products well with no overlap - the Meade goto's, ES eyepieces and scopes.

Archived