Narrowband

The Didn't-Get-To-See-The-Supermoon Club

introspheric

Boooooo! Remnants of Hurricane Bertha here up North means it's been pouring down with rain, sky's been opaque with clouds all day and night, and relentless cold winds to top it off. After it's been so lovely for weeks. How does the weather know..  :sad: (Must master the art of rubbing my temples and remaining calm and patient if I'm going to become a half decent astronomer...)

Just come online to have a snoop at everyone's stunning lunar photos tonight, partially out of curiosity and part jealousy. I won't say which part makes up the majority.  :tongue: Seriously though keep 'em coming, anyone got a good landscape shot? My other half says he saw it take on a lovely sandy colour in Cheltenham this evening and it sounds wonderful.

If the weather keeps this up for the Perseid peak on Tuesday night I'll be gutted though! Look forward to it every year - it's my favourite event!

So, herein I have created a topic for fellow grumblers to pine and woe about missing the super moon in company of one another. You're not the only ones that missed out on the Moon tonight! *Group hug* haha.

Normally, with this being the middle of rain season, we wouldn't see much of the sky at night until October. However, the clouds have parted a bit several nights, recently. I got a few shots in last night. Gotta be quick ;-).--Jack

Living in the middle of the desert in Phoenix, AZ and nothing but clouds to my east for over 400 miles. So no Super Moon for me :-(

Oh wow, that's surprising! I would normally have figured that the desert would be the best place! Nevermind eh, there's still hope for Perseid viewing :)

Archived