Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads up for Sky at Night tonight.

redfox1971

Thanks for the heads up, now it's moved to the middle of month I keep forgetting it's on  :rolleyes:  :smiley:

Tonight's episode -

The team goes behind the scenes at mission control for the critical point of the most ambitious space project of the decade. The European Space Agency's Rosetta probe finally catches up with the comet it has been chasing across the solar system for ten years and prepares to send out a lander armed with drills and harpoons for a daredevil attempt to hitch a ride.

With the latest images revealing that it may even be two comets stuck together, Dr Chris Lintott is on hand in Germany with updates from the mission team on this unparalleled challenge, whilst Dr Maggie Aderin- Pocock reveals the instruments that the lander is carrying

I quite enjoyed this epi. Perhaps because there were only three presenters, and they were not in the same place!

However I find MAP on the verge of giggles all the time rather annoying and unnecessary...

/callump 

Don't worry it is reapeated a number of times and there is iplayer or whatever.

Yes keith will watch it on catch up...but hardly ever missed a episode before they changed the schedule... dont no were i am with it now.

I quite enjoyed this epi. Perhaps because there were only three presenters, and they were not in the same place!

However I find MAP on the verge of giggles all the time rather annoying and unnecessary...

/callump 

I agree on both points, what a difference separating the presenters made ?  :grin:  I thought it strange how they tell us where comets come from and how meteor showers occur, then show us how to find and image a comet (Jacques) - all good :smiley: , but then no mention of this month's Perseids. :embarrassed:

This week's was one of the better ones, recently I have given up part way through or not even bothered.  In my opinion this show is patchy and desperately needs a new producer to give it better direction.

Archived