Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 224, M31, Andromeda Galaxy

AstroAndy

M31, reprocessed, 5 and 10m exposures 18 frames (don't know the integration time anymore, neither the no. of flats and bias I messed around with this so much).I decided to keep it real on this one (I'm won't to overprocessing in my light-polluted area, so I don't even lose one filament of detail). After changing the file name on the subs,(RAW to Tif), resizing and cropping, I made a gradient removing flat for each of them, and processed them normally after flat application / subtraction. I forewent chasing details in favor of nice values, such as RGB 23/23/23, or as near as I could come to when processing, to find a blend between detail and a pleasing view.

post-26582-0-70184300-1407692609.jpg

Ty, guys.

@ Alan, a Canon EOS unmodded piggybacked on my Skywatcher SW8" (200mm), 300mm lens.

I thought it might be a lens the image is too widefield for most scopes but thats how i like it with this target nice and wide.

Alan

Archived