sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some wonderful passes, I still wave !

I even managed to get Mrs PorkyB to come out and have a look.  We waved and shouted hello, seems rude not to really. Of course, if you take a 200P and 3 barlow out with you, you can do this... Intern

Thanks for this Nick. I saw it sail past last night even though the sky was covered in light cloud - made a pair of passing dog-walkers stop and point upwards. Chris

Posted Images

It looked  very bright last night, not long after sunset, I always wave,

even my wife gave them a wave too, it's a great sight to see, I get all

the times for the ISS from Flo's weather forecast for my location.

If you've got an iPhone or iPad there's an app called goisswatch that tells you when a pass will occur and it's path through the sky. It'll alert you when too. My wife gets an email from spotthestation at NASA. Not sure how she signed up tho.

Just watched it go over with another object following behind I'm assuming this was a supply rocket

Just watched the pass to-night and also saw another fainter object tracking about 2 degrees(bit of a guess, but looked about 4 moon diameters) lower down and assumed the same thing. Anyone confirm?

Spotted the ISS and ATV-5 last night, the ATV was about 15 degrees ahead. Just missed the earlier pass tonight - I ended up checking Heavens Above right as the ISS pass was happening and rushed out in my slippers but didn't see it. Will try for the ~23:10 pass, when the ATV is expected to be behind again.

Spotted the ISS and ATV 5 on tonight's 2134 pass. ATV 5 is a couple of minutes behind the ISS on the same trajectory just a tad dimmer but easily spotted with the naked eye.

Edited by stevend

I saw the 21:32 pass and now I'm setting up my camera with sigma 50-500 and 2X teleconverter 1000mm lens configuration the 5Dmk2 will be at iso 25600 (very noisy) but at f13 and .125 exposure on a Benbo trekker tripod will be good for a laugh! I love this sport!

Andy