Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Couple of snaps from Marmaris....

Blazar

One thing i remember about Turkey is that as bad as the LP may be at ground level, the skies above are still very dark. Quite easy to look up from the middle of town or along the coastline (i was in Kusadasi.....20yrs ago), and still see plenty of stuff. 

No too sure Gary....looked like reflectors of some sort. did not have a chance to have a look through them...girls wanted to shop!

Paul, I agree that the skies are indeed very dark. Used scope nights out there, and it was green all the way through the holiday..something I was very envious of!

We have two weeks in Marmaris every year. Off there in September. That's a very bright and busy spot they are at.

I've seen one chap numerous times. Never seen two scopes there. They actually look like a different scopes to what I have seen before.

Maybe there is money to be made so the youngsters bumped the old boy off :)

Having seen Jupiter (or whatever the target is that night) through a scope plenty of times I prefer to just enjoy watching others have their first view so don't queue myself.

Besides, that there Rakki gives me double vision even if I have one eye closed :D

Cool. I went there a couple of years back and was a bit disappointed by the skies. Was hoping it would be more like Rhodes where the sky was like jewels. There was quite a lot of streetlight everywhere. Great fun though.

Two weeks today I will be in LA, and plan on doing a visit to the Griffith Park Observatory. They have a star party on the 30th August as well which I plan on attending. Will get some snaps of stuff and post em up when I get back. shame I can't take my edge800....cant even fit a TAL into a case!

Archived