Stellarium turned my world upside down

Davey-T

Loaded the latest version for Windows and it installed and I started it up and it reported a file missing.

Uninstalled and removed everything and reinstalled to get the same message.

Problem I have is I cannot read the configuration details against the main screen, everything is too dark and no contrasting text. Hoped the latest may have been better, and it might be if it ran.

I installed the latest version on my Windoze 7 lappy and now it will only start after a re-boot. 

Once I close it and then try to re start some time later it starts but never fully loads before a "Stellarium has stopped running" message appears. 

I've sprayed the CPU with WD40 and sealed round the edges of the screen with silicone sealant just like a bloke is supposed to fix things but it still isn't right...

I installed the latest version on my Windoze 7 lappy and now it will only start after a re-boot. 

Once I close it and then try to re start some time later it starts but never fully loads before a "Stellarium has stopped running" message appears. 

I've sprayed the CPU with WD40 and sealed round the edges of the screen with silicone sealant just like a bloke is supposed to fix things but it still isn't right...

Did you try hitting it with a big hammer  :grin:

Dave

Which version did you download ? supposed to be a V.0.13.1 available but can't find it , fixed some bugs in V.0.13.0 

Dave

Believe it was 13.0, cannot recall the missing file.

Ended back on 12.4.

Owing to the inability to read the set up windows I find I use Stellarium less and less. All I have ever had displayed to me is the black main window with a very dark green/brown config pane with black text on that. I cannot see that anyone intends that colour combination to be any good.

Lets face it Stellarium is used 99.5% of the time indoors under normal room lighting. It is not as if a brighter readable config window is going to upset any night vision.

Bizarrely Stellarium is now behaving normally on my Lappy. I have done nothing to resolve the problem!

Good job too. I powered up my cheap Chinese Android tablet last night and opened Satellite Safari to try and identify a  very bright polar orbiting satellite I'd observed. It started ok and I put it down while it did some updates and 10 minutes later was completely dead. It won't power up or show any other signs of life (fully charged).

It's what is lovingly known in technical circles as "bricked" :(

Archived