SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meade LT6 ACF Alignment problems...

I have access to a Meade LT6 ACF for a week. I set the scope up. Leveled it and pointed it north. I did the various alignment methods; 1 star, 2 star etc. The scope has no idea what it's pointing at! lol. On a single star alignment it will return to Vega. But that's the only star it knows, presumably because that's the star I told it in the alignment. At no point does it want to know my location. Any Meade users out there who can help a chap out? I'm in the UK.

Thanks for any input.

Skipper

Unless it came from someone who's location is close to you then you will have to add your location to the system.

Do it as a custom location and as a name use your initials, as in ABC.

Set the timezone, and Lat and Long (think Meades expect Lat first then Long).

You can set the date and time but I think you get asked that later at the alignment stage as well so not necessary. However generally easier to keep it happy and give them.

Make sure the timezone is set as I think a Meade sets a default of West coast USA, sort of +8.

Then it should be the alignmejnt, as you say level the mount and scope and aim the scope North.scope and then select Aligh=n and the alignment option. This is when you get asked the time. DST is ON

Put a low power eyepiece in, the scope is an SCT so you will get a relatively narrow field of view..

Curious why a Meade is using Vega at this time, Arcturus is generally the primary choice especially with it's present location..

I am not sure Meades say if alignment has failed, strange idea they say Successful or nothing.

Archived