SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I was attacked by lights in all directions except down

MYLUCKYSTARS

I spotted M52 for the first time at 23:46 (UTC+1) I thought it looked interesting though it was ruined by the fact I was attacked by lights in all directions except down. Well the north is where the street lamps are on all night & just before I saw M52 the neighbour in the east put their lights on, then lights came from the neighbours in the west & south, then would you believe it? a light came from up, a helicopter with a flashing light flew with a powerful light enough to be seen reflecting off houses.
Part from that it was a good night the Moon was nice when it was still daylight & later came Saturn also I saw a meteor. & for DSOs I found out that I've been looking at M29 but only realised properly tonight. At about 23:10 I saw M56 for the 1st time then at 23:36 identified M103 then 2 minutes later NGC 457 then at 23:42 NGC 225.

Archived