Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unusual. NGC6914

ollypenrice

Another one taken last week with Gedan (leaving one still to go.) This was Gordon's idea and a good one, once again. We only had 3.5 hours on it with the tandem (so 7 hours exposure.) This rendition won't stand up to closer scrutiny but the object itself certainly will. I'll get more data on it for a proper go and maybe have a look at longer FL in the TEC, too. A bright and localized reflection nebula embedded within a dark nebula (vdB126) embedded within an emission nebula.

Olly and Gedan.

TEST%20NGC6914%20vdB132-L.jpg

Lovely object and surrounding area. It definitely needs more exposure time though - lots of contrast between the dark nebula behind! Don't want to have to push the data too hard ;).

You've definitely found a hidden gem :).

Awesome Olly. I was just saying to a fellow imager last night that i can wait to try this one!

Looks like there is another similar although not as pronounced nebula towards the bottom of the frame.

Archived