Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

bubble Ha

cosmicdonkey

Hi guys :) I managed to get out last night and capture 15 x 600 second subs of the bubble nebula. I am really pleased with the result. I think it might be a good idea to capture a set of longer subs to bring out the background nebula.

Thanks for looking and all criticism is welcome :)

post-13301-0-37901600-1406796562_thumb.p

That looks quite good to me. Good control around the Bubble and well focused stars.

I think you've just under cooked it in the processing ( In fact I know you have because I've downloaded it and had a play )

A suggestion would be to crop to a square so the weak right hand side is out and then do some careful stretching and curving. This image is ideal to learn curves on I think so spend some time on it.

15 x 600 is just about enough on this fairly bright object.

Dave.

Nice image, very nice bubble. I fully agree with the comments above, I done this in full narrow band and had about the same amount of subs in Ha and was able to pull out a lot more of the fainter stuff.

Levels and curves should bring it out more and use a hide all layer so can selectively bring certain areas up, leaving the bubble alone.

Ok i took on board what you guys said and added more stretches with curves and then used a reveal all mask and then brushed out the over exposed bubble and surrounding area. I think this is better now:) But if you see any more problems i would love to know:)

Also Grimmec you said you have done a full narrow band on this object. What is the O3 and S2 signal like on this target? Be good to know so I can work out exposure times for upcoming sessions :)

post-13301-0-52127400-1406837762_thumb.p

Looking good, surprising what can be revealed with a few tweaks :-)

I really struggled to process the narrowband image on this one, was one of my first narrowband images. Only recently after about 6 months and lots of practice got a on image I was moderately happy with. OIII and SII are pretty faint, I done 20x600s and probably needed a few more.

Archived