Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

a very small neptune

StarRaver

I dont know if this is even worth posting up on here lol but while i was out waiting for the moon to rise i managed to grab a short avi of neptune ( well i hope it is )

was taken with the ED80 pro and asi120mm plus filters and filter wheel, this being my first time ever doing an RGB image so apologies if the channels arn't aligned properly

30 second avi at 7fps, the best 80% stacked for each channel 

post-21044-0-41432700-1406034653.png

post-21044-0-27800100-1406035234.png

Unfortunatly I dont have a Barlow anymore so this was the closest i could get :sad:

I always like to see the less popular planets

Im now imagining poor little Neptune stood on his own at the side of the field whilst the cool planets play ball.

Thank you all for your comments :smiley:

This wasn't the reason I was out last nght, but while I waited for the moon to rise I noticed that Neptune was high enough on my horizon on CdC so I though I would have a crack at it.

at a rough distance of 2.7 billion miles I wasn't expecting much and thought I would be wasting my time with the ED80 pro, so I was very happy with what I managed to get as I don't currently own a barlow lens at the moment, and being my first ever RGB image aswell I think I had a quite successful night.

• 3 weeks later...

These distant places make the mind boggle.   Many may already know this, but there are articles discussing the inside of Neptune (and also Uranus), that state diamonds may rain internally at certain depths within.  Fascinating places to imagine.

It is very much worth posting that image up !

Well done.

Archived