Lucky mirror..I guess

emadmoussa

I received my 300P Flextube  last Friday...managed to have it under the stars Friday night just to test the performance.

To my surprise, and for some reason, this 12" produces slightly better contrast than my previous identical scope....seems I finally got a mirror that was built in the beginning of the week.

Also, I received a corrected RACI finder with it....accessories do actually vary!! The other thing was collimation...the secondary mirror was spot on, I barely had to do anything with it.

I guess i was somehow lucky...

post-27451-0-55903200-1405943419_thumb.j

How old was your old one ?

Mirrors do loose their reflectivity as each year passes.

Often though you need to do "back to back" comparisons to confirm suspect differences. I've often thought that an eyepiece was better than another only to have my memory / perception disproved when I got a chance to try them in turn on the same object, same scope, same conditions.

What really matters is that you are pleased with your new one :smiley:

My previous one was brand new - as you know, I had to sell it to fund the house purchase. One thing though, looking at the box and instructions of this one, I think it was manufactured way before my previous one, which had better packaging and newer instructions.

Yeah, it's very nice. Forgot how awkward to move it around though :)

My previous one was brand new - as you know, I had to sell it to fund the house purchase.... 

I didn't know that or I've forgotten. It's not possible to remember and follow all the details of all the members scopes Emad :smiley:

Not in The Obby emad, That going to be its storage area, the Obby will have the 10" newt , the C11 will become somebody's new toy....

Yep, I was just thinking observing from a conventional obsy will be awkward ... considering the size and angles of the Dob

Archived