SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD2 with a Atik GP camera; Advice please

Oh dear !

I have Atik camera Ascom on mine. Have you tried Ascom chooser ? I left all the boxes unticked on mine. ( You'll see the boxes if the Ascom driver shows up ) If the chooser works it even identifies the camera by serial number.

If you're using a USB hub, make sure it allows a video type camera to work. I have two hubs that refuse to work with either a DMK or the GP,

Dave.

Edited by davew
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 18/07/2014 at 02:01, davew said:

Oh dear !

I have Atik camera Ascom on mine. Have you tried Ascom chooser ? I left all the boxes unticked on mine. ( You'll see the boxes if the Ascom driver shows up ) If the chooser works it even identifies the camera by serial number.

If you're using a USB hub, make sure it allows a video type camera to work. I have two hubs that refuse to work with either a DMK or the GP,

Dave.

Hey,

Thanks to your reply I was able to connect my GP!

What is the USB hub you use that happens to work with the Atik? (Because like the 2 you have mentioned, mine doesn't..)

Thank you!

On 16/08/2020 at 05:39, Stargazer778 said:

What is the USB hub you use that happens to work with the Atik? (Because like the 2 you have mentioned, mine doesn't..)

Hi Stargazer,

Quite by chance I still have the hub that worked. The trouble is that there aren't many USB hubs, or anything else USB, that is designed to work in the damp and cold outside at night ! The hub I used was made by ADVENT but I doubt the same thing is still available. Similar yes, but not the same. I tried a few hubs and the ones that have more than four ports I could never get to work consistently.

Sorry I can't help more but I've not used a hub outside for years,

Dave 

On 16/08/2020 at 05:39, Stargazer778 said:

Thank you!

I use a StarTech 10 port USB Industrial Hub on the mount with 2x Atik One 9.0 cameras, l think they make a 4 port USB 2.0 Industrial version... these need a 12v supply. 

Peter