Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

camera setting

Hi ive recently bought a eos 400 and adapter to use it in my scope which is a dobsonian 250px just wanna get some pics of the planets and the moon but I don't know anything about what setting I should use on the cam .Any Advice ??

I think with the Moon you want an ISO of anywhere between 100-400, then just adjust the shutter speed till you get a nice exposure. It will change depending on the Moons current phase. You should try to get as many images as possible so you can put them through some software like Registax or AS!2, which will stack the best images leaving you with a much cleaner and more detailed image to work on during processing. I have only just received a scope and so have only had a go at Lunar imaging once so far, i took around 100 images and staked them which turned out well. Having a tracking mount makes this much easier for obvious reasons!

Not sure about planets as i have never imaged any but it may be the same. I believe the majority of planetary and lunar imagers would say that the best way is to take a video then use that to stack. 

Archived