SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar system montage with a couple added DSO's

Hey guys, just having a play about really with my data, there are no scientific distances or sizes used on any of the objects.....

from the bottom right to the top left...
Sun > Venus > Earth > ISS > Moon > Mars > Jupiter > Saturn and the 2 DSO's are M13 - Great Globular cluster in Hercules (near middle) and M51 the Whirlpool Galaxy (bottom left)
All pictures taken by me (apart from Earth of course lol) with my SW130-pd, the planet pics were taken with my QHY5L-ii apart from jupiter and Venus which were taken with my SPC900, the rest of the pics were taken with my Canon 7D
Thanks for looking
14675566272_16e63ae767_b.jpg

haha, I like it !

needs a comet in there though  ;-)

Thank buddy 

Ah man, that would top it off wouldnt it, having comic Catalina blazing through!!! my comet goal has now gone up a few places ahead of DSO imaging lol :D

edit......... i NEED Catalina blazing through the top right of this pic to finish it of i think lol........

Epic bro :)

Thanks Dan! wont be long till your grabbing your own photon's through your 130p of the solar system! :D

very nicely put together, just Mercury, Uranus & Neptune to go!

Thanks Pete :) yes id love to capture Mercury, Uranus & Neptune, not sure if id need more FL then my 130-PDS tho..... guess i could grab Mercury transiting the sun with my solar filter.... not really done much research on these 3 planets but id like to now to finish off my montage.....oh and cant forget the comet to top the montage off lol

Hi Martin, really impressive, well done. If it was me I would be framing it!!

Hi Mary, thank you for your kind comment :) ive all ready got a print on 10cm x 15cm photo paper and it looks lush! not sure the planets would hold up under a big print tho....

Thank you Scott :)

What have u tried to image the planets with? I had a lot of good images with my trusty old SPC900, but a big difference from going to the SPC900 to the QHY5l-ii M the sensitivity and detail is way above the SPC900 , I do love my qhy :)

my saturn urn and mars in the above montage we're taking with the qhy, I just can't wait to see what it performs like on Jupiter when it comes back :)

Oh oh and I do hope I get a comet soon lol that will be awesome :)

Archived