Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Wexford, Ireland.

Wolvie

Hi everyone, new to the site here but it seems in searching for my first real telescope and EQ mount this site was always popping up within the top 3 webpages so I've joined the site for what seems like great advice for everything to do with the stars. My main focus will be for astrophotography and for my first set of equipment I've decided decided to go with - Skywatcher Startravel 102 OTA refractor and a Skywatcher EQ3 pro SynScan. I'm sure when it all gets delivered this week I'll have loads of questions and in need of any tips and tricks but I'm sure it is going to be a great and enjoyable learning curve. Thanks in advance to any one who helps me over the coming days, weeks, months and years. and hopefully in time I can give out some of the advice I receive when I can. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. Its a lovely town Paul, right next to the sea :-) thanks Mr. Spock glad to be here, and thanks Floater I like a challenge and AP scares the life out of me but I've always wanted to do it, just never really had the cash to get the gear for it. But after many years trying with the camera and standard lens (and with the better half's approval) I'm getting the chance to try and most importantly enjoy the challenge :-)

HI and welcome to SGL - Is it DSO imaging that you are interested in? If so, then get yourself a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the book section of the FLO website. It will help you to understand what to buy and why. Do not buy anything else until you've read this at least twice!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi & Welcome to SGL.  Good luck with your scope once you get it.  I'm from Dublin but now living in Bangor.  My sister & brother in law have just bought a house in Kilmuckridge.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes :-) Fethard is a lovely spot Paul. Already have the book on order Swag72 and I used to go to a night club in my younger years in Kilmuckridge Purdo not even sure if that night club is still there hahaha. Its amazing how frendly and helpful the site is I have been looking around at some of the threads and where as some of it is double dutch to me at the moment I'm sure once i get my hands on the equipment (which is arriving Wednesday :-) ) some will be come clear and I'm sure I will have loads of questions some prob silly to you seasoned guys and some (hopefully) not too silly

Thanks again every one for the warm welcome and in advance the help I'm sure will be freely given :-)

Wolvie

Archived