SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

G'Day From Aus

Aeseir

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

You might have killer spiders and snakes and crocs and a rubbish football team, but back in the Mother Country we have this:

Yew-Tree.jpg

Yew, the worlds deadliest . . . er . . . tree.    :icon_scratch:

Anyway, welcome to SGL!

Hi!

You might have killer spiders and snakes and crocs and a rubbish football team, but back in the Mother Country we have this:

Yew-Tree.jpg

Yew, the worlds deadliest . . . er . . . tree.    :icon_scratch:

Anyway, welcome to SGL!

Just to be clear, you realise our rubbish football team beat yours last time they met don't you?

welcome to SGL. :grin: the other month in one of our local papers was a story about these spiders that are realated to the black widow, i looked at the picture and never seen one of them spiders before.. they have what looks like a white scull on the back of them. the next day what crawls down the wall, o yes one of them spiders, now i find them every where i look. apparently they bite but the pain is like a bee sting, not sure how true it is.

good luck with your real black widow spiders and snakes :grin:

welcome to SGL. :grin: the other month in one of our local papers was a story about these spiders that are realated to the black widow, i looked at the picture and never seen one of them spiders before.. they have what looks like a white scull on the back of them. the next day what crawls down the wall, o yes one of them spiders, now i find them every where i look. apparently they bite but the pain is like a bee sting, not sure how true it is.

good luck with your real black widow spiders and snakes :grin:

In the NT one gets the " White Tail Wolf Spider" :

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_spider

This is a very small spider that lives in the northern bush. The bite can be barely felt but the end result is horrendous ulceration ... Much worse than a Red Back that gets a bad press IMHO.

Jeremy.

Thanks guys.

For those that are in Oz or came from, im south of sydney (Wollongong).

Yep I miss Europe, most dangerous thing there (other than bears and wolves) that can strike you in instant is the weather (30 to -10 degrees without windchill in 12 hrs wasnt a fun experience).

Thanks guys.

For those that are in Oz or came from, im south of sydney (Wollongong).

Yep I miss Europe, most dangerous thing there (other than bears and wolves) that can strike you in instant is the weather (30 to -10 degrees without windchill in 12 hrs wasnt a fun experience).

Wollongong hey, Before moving to the uk, I lived in Unanderra. Are you north or south of the cbd ?

Hey from mainland, yea NZ is a great state i gotta admit :p.

Love Lake Tekapo region, best night skies EVER!!!.

Yeah it's great down there, there's some good spots inland from where you are on the West island too, once you get away from the cities.

Wollongong hey, Before moving to the uk, I lived in Unanderra. Are you north or south of the cbd ?

Currently near Uni, looking to move north into more darker territories or south if this gig turns up alright :).

Yeah it's great down there, there's some good spots inland from where you are on the West island too, once you get away from the cities.

Yea spent 2 weeks near Arrowtown, drove all over the place, amazing night skies, and scenery as well.

If you can get up nr Illawarra golf course and down some of the fire trails, it's reasonably dark around there. Better yet, get up macquarie pass up or nr jambaroo. it's great up there

Working in Sydney makes life more difficult travel wise.

But either way my problem currently getting my polar alignment done. Last few times took me over 2 hrs to get enough alignment for only 2 min subs, which is kinda depressing. Maybe need more practice.

Archived