Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Astroblagger

First light for ASI120MM

Thanks, rings did appear when I tuned the PST a certain amount. The ASI120 didn't focus in the PST will need to machine more off the eyepiece holder.

The ASI120mm does suffer from Newton rings (as do all CMOS based cameras), mostly if you start increasing the magnification with a barlow, however a tilt adapter will solve the problem outright. Fantastic first light.

Thanks, rings did appear when I tuned the PST a certain amount. The ASI120 didn't focus in the PST will need to machine more off the eyepiece holder.

i was just about to ask that question, how much do you think you have got to lose?

Iv already taken about 2mm of it, but I didn't want to take any more off it as I would have to then drill and tap a new thread for the focuser retaining screw.

Fantastic image. I have recently taken delivery of an ASI120MM for night time and bought one of the new ones ASI120MM-S (USB3), both work incredible well for solar and even Ha. If you don't need a tilt adapter, and mine seems fine unless you put a Barlow in, then I wouldn't bother. I understand TS Optics make a tilt adapter, which is sold through 365Astro for about £70.

Robin