Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Saturn Progress

Got a 4" scope for Christmas and finally started to take my first images with a modified hp-4110 webcam back in May, which is the first picture.  I recently acquired a Meade 10" SN and was able to take this second image, obviously there is a collimation/focus issue which is being addressed.  I have purchased a Catseye and moved my remote focuser over so once I get everything is order I hope the image will improve.  Next goal is to modify my spc900nc for long exposure and move onto DSO.  Any other advice would be appreciated, thanks for looking!

933773bc6c4da3a332fcdb0f2a77f9c9.620x0_q

ba598f8b1747202fda4a7fadb5690a2b.620x0_q

Great images, i recently receiveda 4.5 inch refractor so its nice to see what can be captured with one around the same size. Look forward to having a go.

If i was to give you some advice about imaging DSOs though, it would be to not use a webcam! From what i've seen it doesnt tend to end well. Try and get your hands on a DSLR if you can, there are some great deals on AstroBuySell for modified cams, new and pre-owned.

Archived