good moon filter

algol

What price level are you looking at for a good moon filter. Seen a skywatcher one for 9.99 and another with no name for 12.99

will these be any good or do you need to head into higher price ranges

I've got a baader natural density filter.. £25 ish from FLO I went for the 1.8 as opposed to the .9 level as I find I get headaches when using the 8" newt, especially around full moon..

It's very good... I have also a skywatcher light and moon glow filter... Doesn't really cut it for me to be honest.. Maybe better on a smaller ap scope..

I don't find I need a moon filter, even with my 12" scope. I don't usually observe the Moon when it's full though as the best detail seems to be when it has a phase and you can browse the terminator region.

I agree with John, No filter on Moon is needed.

The few times where the Moon looked too bright to me were my first couple of times with 130P in low magnification, now with C8, with somewhat higher manigication, filter doesn't come into my mind.

I have a nd filter and a polarising filter but invariably end up using my set of antares planetary filters, green and blue are particularly useful. I also use a wideish band H alpha filter for lunar visual sometimes, seems to cut alot of atmospherics out

Archived