Banner.jpg.5ed196c1e70861ebc79109e023c96067.jpg

Is this a steal?

I like to keep an eye on craigslist to see if anything pops up that's way undervalued.  I found something in my state that I think may be worth a lot more than the seller knows.  Can anyone confirm?

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/for/4515645530.html

Should I jump on this, or do you think it's not worth it?  I think it's weird there's no side shot of the main tube.

Clear skies,

Steven

I just messaged asking for more pictures and if the drive works.  We'll see what happens.

I like the gear I have already, so I would only buy it if it's worth considerably more than they're selling for.  Seems like they would sell for cheaper than 300.

Definitly go look at it! This looks to be a Meade 2120, 10" SCT. Depending on the year it was produced (late 80's) that is either an LX 5 or 6 drive. Make sure everything turns on and functions, put the controller in sidereal and place your ear on the mount drive, you should hear a faint humming. That spotting scope has an illuminated reticle and is pretty good quality. For $300 I would buy this even if the coating was bad and needed to be worked on.