Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eagle Nebula and Veil Nebula with ED80 and Canon 1100D

Fordos Moon

Hi All, Had another great holiday in France. Unfortunately only 2.5 clear nights in the week and I picked the week containing the longest day! However I managed to capture 2 targets I have wanted to try for a while and here they are. 

I believe I over processed the Veil but I got excited as I found myself finally understanding some of the actions in photoshop! I am aware there is a lot of "Red" too - something I am working on correcting as I get used to the camera after being modified.

Both were using ED80 on HEQ5 with modified Canon 1100D (with Astronomik CLS filter), guided with ASI120MM on ST80. Approximately 20 x 300 second exposures with darks and flats (taken as the sun came up lol - darn these short nights!)

I am happy with them anyway :-)

post-26268-0-12934700-1404736109_thumb.j

post-26268-0-58344100-1404736185_thumb.j

Good images for a DSLR and the fact that you're happy and had a good time is all that matters :) Well done :)

Thanks Gina :-) I will step up to a ccd when money permits but the observatory had to come first!!

Archived