Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Work in progress for now, just sorted the correct spacing for the flattner & the stars need sorting with the correct data.

AZEQ6 mount, AA 80mm EDT @ 480mm fl F6.
Atik 314L+
Guided using the DMK""618 with AA 10x60 finder 225 fl F3.75

Ha  - 1.5 hours
OIII - 45 mins
S2  - 45 mins

post-11075-0-73316200-1404548349_thumb.p

Just need to find a tut on the best process for adding correct star colours now, meant to be better weather Sunday night as well.

• Like 5

Cheers Sara, there is so much to capture in that constellation area i think i will be staying pointed that way for the foreseeable.

This is as far as i have got for now, more data i am hoping this month (some time).

post-11075-0-51284500-1405019770_thumb.j

Pos / neg comments welcome.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MartinFransson
      This has been my project since the start of this season and now I think I´ll just leave it... for now 😉
      I started last season (with a longer FL) but didn´t like how my Baader O3 filter matched the Astrodon Ha filter, so now I had to get a 3nm O3 as well.
      This is a total of:
      60*5 minutes of 3nm Ha
      114*5 minutes of 3nm O3.

Shot with a ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool and a Canon 300/4L IS tele lens. The lens suffers from bad star shapes in the corners but I managed to get it decent anyway. Didn´t want to stop it down from f/4 either.
      Combined as a semi-RGB (or what to call it) from R=Ha, G=70%O3+30%Ha, B=O3. Processed it as LRGB using a combined Lum from 60% Ha L and 40% O3 L.
      I am really happy that I finally feel satisfied with a target! Usually I just get restless and move on when half of the data is collected.
      Hope you like it!

• By widotje
      Hifolks,
      Here's my take on IC1396, let me know what you think.
      In total 7.5 hours exposure time using narrowband Ha, Sii, Oiii.
      Post processing in photoshop and lightroom.

Thanks for watching, clear skies!

• By Lead_weight
      I shot this over 6 nights. We had an amazing go of clear nights in a row. Now it's all rain until next week. But while it was clear, I managed two nights per filter on my newest scope. A total of ~ 760 3 min images. I think the total imaging time was 37.8 hours. Shot it through my newest scope the RedCat 51mm. It did well, but could have used a belt focuser. I managed to get one together from Moonlite, but only just after imaging this. The scope was able to hold focus a good bit of the night, but the quality curve looked like a swan dive towards the end as the scope lost focus at the end of the night each night. I got out my old trusty AVX to manage the aiming parts of the setup. Guided by an old Orion SSAG I had lying around and a recently acquired ZWO Mini guide scope since it matches the RedCat so well. But I think I'm going to need to swap out the guide cam for something with smaller pixels. Overall though, it worked.  Main camera was ZWO ASI 1600 MMC. I used 5nm Astrodon filters.

• By lux eterna
      Hello all,
      I recently collected some OIII data for my previous attempt of the Elephants Trunk. I used a 2" Astronomik 12nm filter inside my TS Imaging Star 71, riding in my dual imaging rig. I knew it would be very difficult to point the TS71 correctly and frame the Trunk with the OIII filter blocking so much light, so I was lucky to have this method which put it spot on target.
      I added the OIII data as a "lighten" layer to the original blue channel, then used some "selective colour" etc (alignment was done with Registar). The new image is a bit dark, I know, but that is intentional and I think it works well if watched in low ambient light. C&C most welcome.
      Used Nikon D7000 & NexGuide on HEQ5 Pro.
      Ragnar

• By Adreneline
      Sometimes the weather gods look on you kindly. A nice new Samyang 135mm turned up from that well known jungle supplier, I managed to assemble it to my Atik 428ex mono along with an Ha filter and got the spacing correct, and low and behold the skies stayed clear - all on the same day!
      I am sure there is room for improvement with the processing but this is IC1396 processed in PI; STF applied with HT, and a little HDRM + LHE to try to tease out some detail.
      Any help on improving the processing would be gratefully received - I really don't feel I get the best out of processing mono images.

By the way this is 12x300s + 10x600s combined with HDR process in PI; flats, no darks and a master bias.
      Thank you for looking.
      Adrian

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.