Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bodes Galaxy

steppenwolf

That is a seriously beautiful image Steve. I would not mind a busted computer if something like this come out of it .

Excellent stuff. Must give a nice feeling when you process all the data and someting as good as that results.

Ron. :D

Hope you don't mind me saying but there seems to be some rather odd red colouration around the core

Don't mind at all, comments like this can only lead to improvement! Not sure what section you are referring to unless it is the smaller fragments of dust lane around the core? These appear a reddish brown on my monitor but there is always a problem with monitor compatibility - all my images look very different on my laptop for example!

Is this alternative more the sort of thing you had expected to see?

m81_080208_yellow.jpg

I know it's a very subjective thing Steve but it's still too red for me, compared with the top notch RC20" internet images I use for a guide. Could do with more blue and less red in the midtones - to bring out the blue in the outer parts of the galaxy and to darken the dust lanes a little.

Archived