SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

at last i go to use my

Scope, I seem to have had my heritage 130p in the house now for ages, it's only been a week. Just managed to bag a very quick glimpse of the moon before the clouds rolled in. Nice crisp views using the 25 and 10mm EP that come with the scope, I'm a happy man.

Great stuff... you should chdck out the observing luna section and "luna 100" targets its a nice list of targets and as the moon progresses to full it'll show how interesting our nearest neighbour is...

IMO, at this time of year the Moon's terminator provides us with our best viewing, last night was a good example. The terminator was fairly close to the Apollo11 landing site and gave good views of Sabine, Ritter, B & C. I found Armstrong but Aldrin & Collins eluded me. Further up the terminator shadows beautifully highlighted Bessel and Menelaus.

Another good resource is the Virtual Moon Atlas http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualmoon/ which has an option to change the clock to help you pre-plan a session.

This list of ojects and other things I need to look at through my cope now seem to be endless, I best get started...........

Rome wasn't built in a day. They had to come back the next day to do the decorating.

Congrats on the new scope. Its a great little scope.

Archived