SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hampshire Astronomers read this please.

Hello,

I've been speaking to our East Hampshire Councillor and she would like to hear if more people are affected by the streetlight issues.

So please if you live in Hampshire and suffering from intrusive streetlights, please let me know the following (here or by email depending on what the Mods think is ideal) :

I need:

1. Name

2. Town name in Hampshire

3. Quick note on how the new streetlights (or old ones) are affecting your astronomy.

She says she wants to take the issue further as a lot of the council members are not even aware of this problem.

Mods, please move the subject to the right section if needed.

Thanks!

Hi Emad, i live in Farnborough,and i have been down the same road with my local MP Mrs. B. Hurst and got know where at all oh yes i did get told to buy some blackout blinds. I wish you good luck with your quest  you are going to need it.

Emad could you not put a link up for the members to respond directly?

1/ It would show that individuals are prepared to take the time to respond

2/ if enough annoying emails are recieved it may force them into action (its easier to ignore 1 email than many)

3/ members don't have to display their details on the forum.

Thanks

Thanks for your contributions, guys!

Scot, the problem my Councillor is not very technically minded. I always prepare documents for her so she doesn't get allover the place.

I've been looking at online petition and commenting system. I'll see if I could use this as well.

Emad,

Do you have an opportunity to invite her over one evening and show her the problem?

The old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words. Organise a nice cup of tea and a pack of hob nobs... Guaranteed to work.

If you have the same lighting as my area, they are stubby fluorescent tubes and the shields are a series of small rings directly around the tube and useless, and I am sure she will be very sympathetic...

Good luck !!

Gordon.

Archived