My First Quark Image (ish)

Luke

Luke you have blown me away with this image. If that is the quality I am going to see with a Quark I am going to buy one. I may even get a smaller frac with a shorter FL to get a complete disc.

Thanks. Mark, most kind. Yesterday I had such a lovely session with the Quark in a 100mm scope (SW ED Pro). Visual only. It blew me away. I could see the kind of details that I see in Alexandra's amazing images taken with the SF100. I can't recommend the Quark enough. I can't compare it to say a Lunt 100, but the Lunt is not an option for me because of the price.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the energy is absorbed by the Etalon and blocking filter in the Quark. The Etalon is tuned by heating

Thanks for the explanation, Robin.

I would love for some of you night time imaging gurus to turn your expert hand to a bit of solar imaging as well.

Not sure about the guru bit but I have to say that you have piqued my interest with your wonderful images. The appeal of using my existing refractors (especially the Megrez which is currently just sitting in its padded case only comes out for a quick 'fondling' these days :lipsrsealed:) makes this a particularly interesting development. My only concern is that I would need a high frame rate camera as well which, of course, puts the price up.

I am sooo tempted as I often see the clear Sun but rarely get to see the stars because of night-time cloud .......

Archived