Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus Loop Mosaic with Esprit 80ED and 460EX - WIP

Gina

Hi Gina,

That's looking real good, unusual colours but good.

Thank you Ian :)  This is with the Hubble colour selection but before applying Image > Adjustments > Selective Color.  ie. SII > Red, Ha > Green and OIII > Blue with the histograms matched using curves.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is may best attempt at a matrix of the first three panes in HOO.  The problem is that the seeing was so much better for the Witch's Broom pane (middle right) than the other two that matching up is extremely difficult.  Usual processing and resized for upload.

post-13131-0-72400500-1404842578_thumb.ppost-13131-0-16991500-1404842465_thumb.j

Hi Gina I do prefer the last one (HOO) best.  What are you using to Merge the panes?  PI has a very good Mosaic Merge tool but also the free Microsoft ICE could probably join these panes together without the joins being visible.

Hi Gina I do prefer the last one (HOO) best.  What are you using to Merge the panes?  PI has a very good Mosaic Merge tool but also the free Microsoft ICE could probably join these panes together without the joins being visible.

Mostly I've been using RegiStar to line up the panes and then Photoshop's layers to combine.  Photoshop has it's own photomerge but it needs the panes to match quite well for it to work at all.  I have used MS Ice but not recently - for some reason :D  I've been thinking of trying PI but not got round to it yet :D

Hi Gina, a facinating read of your trials and tribulations,

What I like is you never give up and throw the towle in

you keep on going untill you get the job done,

Keep going and it will all fall into place, That i am sure

Thanks for sharing Gina,

One last thing, I have been looking on stellarium for that picture you took of

that Gasuoes anomilly I cant find it :grin:

Paul

post-23517-0-38238200-1405004457_thumb.p

Hi Gina:  I see that you are using the Esprit 80ED. The last time I posted you had not had a chance of using it.  As I mentioned at that time I bought one of the 80 and a 120 Esprit. I have been using the visually only, but now I have my Canon 60D modified by Hutech and plan to do some initial photos. I see that the original problem you had with 80 is not present anymore. The photos are very good.

Now that you have experience with the 80, what would be your recommendations to a person that starting doing photos with this refractor?

Cordially,

Jose

• 3 weeks later...

I have enough data now to cover almost all of the Cygnus Loop.  Here is a matrix of Ha panes adjusted to match as well as I could.

post-13131-0-14194900-1406681130_thumb.p

• 1 month later...

Been trying to collect some more data to enhance some of the panes but having guiding problems.  ATM I'm running 10m subs unguided but this is showing star trailing.  Maybe I could get my PA better - I think I probably can, the EQ8 is certainly a lot better than the NEQ6 :)

I'm getting a lot of what looks like interference with the Lodestar X2 which seems to be preventing PHD from holding the star :(

post-13131-0-43316600-1410386407_thumb.p

Beware.. I swapped my creaking but working obsy notebook out for a 64bit i5 8mb lappy & ive been digging a bigger hole each night this week! I've ended up stripping my whole setup down to start again! I seem to have various issues with intermittent download corruption from cameras & tracking/ guiding issues that seem to transfer back when I've reconnected the notebook. If it ain't broke :(

What's the issue with your lodestar X2 Gina? I'm thinking of getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived